The Best Ways to Get Rid of Under Eye Bags
Under eye bags are a major topic in anti-aging treatments and techniques. Whether a result of aging or lifestyle habits, many people seek out a solution for this skin care concern.
The best ways to get rid of under eye bags may be simpler than you think. The results that under eye bags surgery promise may seem tempting, but effective treatment for eye bags usually comes down to healthy living habits.
Here, we’re going to give you our favorite natural remedies for under eye bags. With just a few simple tips and tricks, you can say goodbye to under eye bags and enjoy glowing skin.
Types of Under Eye Bags
There are different types of under eye bags that affect people throughout their lives, but especially as they age. The main types are:
- Sleep-related eye bags
There are so many of us who don’t get enough sleep each night. As an adult, it’s crucial to get at least 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night. If we’re frequently deprived of sleep, not only will body functioning decrease, but our physical appearance will start to diminish. Eye bags are one example of a physical result of sleep deprivation.
- Aging-related eye bags
As we age, our skin gradually produces less and less collagen. Collagen is a bodily substance that gives the skin volume and a youthful appearance. One of the results of collagen loss from aging is sagging skin, which often creates eye bags. Anti-aging treatment methods may help with this type of eye bag.
- Unhealthy habits
There are unhealthy lifestyle choices that can cause under eye bags. Many of these habits can keep oxygen from reaching the under eye area (a condition called hypoxia), which causes puffiness and discoloration.
Natural Treatments for Eye Bags
The best ways to get rid of eye bags don’t involve under eye bags surgery. Natural remedies for under eye bags are far more effective and will give your skin a youthful glow.
Improve sleep quality
Bags underneath the eyes are a big sign of sleep deprivation, but improving your sleep quality will help them go away.
Healthy living tips for better sleep include:
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet, and don’t eat right before you go to bed.
- Exercise regularly, but ideally not right before bedtime.
- Set a reminder to go off when it’s time to get ready for bed.
- Don’t use your phone, tablet, laptop, and other screen devices too close to bedtime.
- Have a bedtime routine with relaxing healthy living habits, such as spraying a lavender scent on your pillow and using a neck massage pillow.
Boost your metabolism
Under eye bags can be caused by the unhealthy habits we talked about above. These bad habits break down your metabolism and keep your skin from looking its best.
One of our natural remedies for under eye bags is to practice metabolism-boosting habits. These include:
- Eating small portions
- Staying active throughout the day
- Drinking caffeinated tea or coffee
Don’t skip on skincare
Not wearing sunscreen while you’re outside, forgetting to apply moisturizer, and not using a natural, gentle cleanser to wash your face can cause eye bags. By implementing just a few steps into your skincare routine, you can avoid under eye bags for years to come:
- Always apply sunscreen before you go outside.
- Moisturize your skin after every cleanse.
- Wash your face with a natural, gentle cleanser that’s free of harsh soaps.
- Always remove your makeup before you go to sleep.
- Massage the under eye area twice a day, in the morning and at night.
In the treatment for eye bags, healthy living is key, because under eye bags surgery won’t last. Staying healthy by eating well, getting enough sleep, and sticking to your skincare regime will help you steer clear of eye bags for years!