Fabulous Recipes for Thick, Healthy Hair
We all strive for greater hair growth - after all, don’t we all want sleek, shiny, and healthy hair? But, blow drying, styling products, and heat-powered hair tools, along with day-to-day stress, can break down your hair. Thankfully, thicker hair is possible when you include foods for hair growth into your regular routine.
Here, we’ll go over all of the best foods for hair growth that you can eat. You’ll learn why these foods stimulate hair growth, and discover some recipes to try out today.
Fatty fish, like salmon and mackerel, are known to help you grow thick, healthy hair. Packed with omega-3 fatty acids, which help with hair growth, eating these types of fish can even help reduce hair loss.
Baked Salmon Recipe
- Add salt and pepper to a 2-pound side of salmon.
- Slice two lemons and lay the slices over the seasoned fish.
- Wrap the fish in aluminum foil.
- Bake the fish for 15 to 20 minutes in a 375 °F oven.
- Let cool, then serve!
Brazil nuts are a large, satisfying nut that can boost hair growth. These powerful nuts are full of selenium, which is known to help with weak strands and hair loss. As a mineral, it’s a good idea to include more selenium in your diet for healthy hair.
Brazil Nut Trail Mix Recipe
- Combine one cup of Brazil nuts, one cup of dried cranberries, one cup of almonds, and ¼ cup of dark chocolate chips.
- Stir and enjoy! Trail mix makes a great on-the-go snack.
There are many reasons why we should all strive to eat more spinach for better health. But, one of those reasons is that spinach includes several nutrients, including iron, vitamin C, vitamin A, and folate, that can increase hair growth. Spinach can also help keep your scalp healthy, in turn making for softer, thicker hair.
Spinach Salad Recipe
- Wash and dry 5 ounces of fresh spinach. Place in a large bowl.
- Slice one apple, ¼ cup of almonds, and one cup of cherry tomatoes.
- Combine all of the ingredients, then toss with ⅓ cup of olive oil and 3 tablespoons of your vinegar of choice.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve!
Eggs are one of the best foods for hair growth. Eggs contain plenty of biotin and protein, which are known to strengthen hair follicles and reduce hair loss. This will lead to healthy hair and thicker strands.
The Best Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- Whisk together three large eggs.
- Add ⅓ cup of skim milk and ¼ cup of chopped fresh basil.
- Add a generous amount of salt and pepper.
- Combine the mixture, then add to a greased pan over medium/low heat.
- Cook the eggs, stirring constantly, until they reach the desired consistency, ideally just when the mixture becomes firm but is still soft.
Ginger, a favorite ingredient in the health food world, is a top food for hair growth. It contains nutrients like potassium, magnesium, and phosphorous to boost hair thickness and strength.
Hair growth, even as we age, is completely possible when you include these foods for hair growth into your diet. Try out the delicious and simple recipes above to see how you can achieve healthier and thicker hair with just a few ingredients. Happy cooking!